Survey Plat by William P. Stone, 8 Feb 1835

Deputy Surveyors were appointed to subdivide the new territories acquired from the Choctaw Indian tribe under the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek, signed on 27 Sep 1830. During the period 1 Sep 1833 – 31 Mar 1837, William P. Stone surveyed all or parts of 29 townships in Mississippi for the General Land Office. The plats were in various counties across Mississippi: Calhoun, Clay, Clarke, Lauderdale, Leflore, Oktibbeha, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, and Webster.

The first contract with William P. Stone was signed on 9 Nov 1833 to survey Township 23 North of Range 3 West in the Choctaw Land District. He completed and signed this survey on 8 Feb 1835 (398).

398 Tnshp 23N Rng 3W 680px